Serves 4 as a side dish | Prep time 15 minutes | Cooking time 10 minutes
- 1kg broccoli (2 heads), cut into florets
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80g salted capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 500g cooked chickpeas, (2 tins, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup mint leaves
- 80g parmesan, shaved
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- Place the broccoli florets in a perforated steam tray and steam at 100°C for 1 minute.
- Pre-heat a griddle pan on high heat, Induction setting 8, until the pan is smoking hot.
- Remove the broccoli from the steam oven, quickly toss in half of the olive oil and place on the griddle pan, in batches, until you have nice char marks on the broccoli. Keep aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining oil into a small saucepan, with the capers, garlic and chilli. Cook on medium heat, Induction setting 5, until the garlic starts to just turn slightly golden.
- Remove from the heat immediately and pour directly over the broccoli.
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Just prior to serving, squeeze over the lemon juice and top with parsley, mint, parmesan and almonds.
|Nutrient||Per serve (560g)|
|Energy – kJ||2710|